The Science of Drying
Psychrometrics: The Science of Drying
The knowledge of psychrometrics is essential to restoring a water damaged structure to its preloss condition. While your initial reaction may be to grab a few towels to mop up the mess and place a fan or two around the damaged area, SERVPRO of Vermilion County is trained in the science of drying and follows strict industry-approved standards to help lower the chances of any secondary damages.
If your business suffers water damage, SERVPRO of Vermilion County will:
- Inspect the building to detect every component that is wet, to help prevent secondary damage from happening.
- Measure how much moisture is in wet materials and monitor whether the materials are drying properly.
- Speed up Mother Nature by using professional drying equipment.
What exactly does “speed up Mother Nature” mean? A wet building can often dry naturally because the environment always seeks equilibrium. When materials are wet, moisture will naturally move to drier air at the surface of the material–but only if the air is, indeed, drier. The only problem is, nature often takes too long and secondary damages may occur while the building is drying out. For this reason, SERVPRO of Vermilion County has been trained to use top-of-the line equipment to help Mother Nature along, including equipment to help dry hardwood floors, tough-to-reach spaces inside walls, and much more.
SERVPRO of Vermilion County uses the latest technology to help ensure your property is dried quickly and efficiently. You will see our technicians using iPads to document the drying process. DryBook™ is a proprietary tool that:
- Manages industry drying requirements.
- Provides real-time documentation on the drying process.
- Validates that services are executed to standard.
- Reports to all stakeholders involved.
- Allows real-time updates through DryBook™ Mobile integration. This improves results and restores your property at a faster rate, getting you back in your home or business sooner.
SERVPRO® also uses state-of-the-art monitoring equipment and a proven scientific process to help speed the drying of your home or business.
The bottom line?
SERVPRO of Vermilion County has the training and equipment to help make it “Like it never even happened.”