Money Smart Week Gives Kid's Scholarship
Anyia holding up her scholarship from Money Smart Week.
In coordination with Danville Public Schools, a long standing customer of ours, SERVPRO was honored to be a part of congratulating Brittney Chavira's daughter on her Scholarship-Winning Essay hosted by Money Smart Week. Long hours of research and hard work went into this amazing effort by Amyia as she put together a plan for being prepared financially in the event of an unexpected emergency. This included the potential devastating effects of a fire, or other natural disaster, on your financial stability. Whilst including tips and resources to prepare for an unexpected crisis. To qualify for the scholarship, students must be nominated by a parent or guardian and be able to demonstrate how they practice good money management. With our franchise owners in attendance, Dave and Suzie (pictured left), there was a sense of pride in the air as Amyia received her Scholarship for $750. A big SERVPRO Congratulations to Amyia and the Chavira family.
Post-construction cleanup in local commercial property
Steps covered in dust and debris from construction.
Post-construction cleanup for commercial properties in Vermilion County are often a complex job that requires close attention to detail. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small office cleanup or a large factory, we work diligently to make sure every area is cleaned to the customers satisfaction. In many instances, normal operations can continue in other areas while we clean your facility.
Post-Construction Cleaning Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity.
About SERVPRO of Vermilion County
SERVPRO of Vermilion County specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after construction. Our staff is highly trained in fire & water restoration as well as post-construction cleanup. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Danville Business Gets a Start on Spring Cleaning
Chad at SERVPRO of Vermilion County finishes extraction on area business carpet cleaning.
Restaurant floors have some of the highest traffic of any business. Plus when you factor in food that may fall on the floor and the occasional drink spills, the results on a carpeted floor can be quite unsightly. The highly trained staff on our production crew at SERVPRO of Vermilion County were ready to tackle this job. They arrived early in the morning to get started so that when the doors opened to customers that day, the carpet would be clean and dry. During the process, the restaurant manager was able to see the difference between the shampooed and soiled carpet. He was very happy with the results and in his words "It looks great!" We aim to achieve greatness at SERVPRO of Vermilion County and this job was another success.
SERVPRO On Ice
Franchise owner Suzie McGuire and the SERVPRO Storm Trooper had a blast at the hockey game.
SERVPRO of Vermilion County had the pleasure of participating in corporate night at the Danville Dashers hockey game held at the David S. Palmer Arena in Danville. Our SERVPRO Storm Trooper made his appearance and had a great time dancing and taking pictures with kids and adults alike. Definitely a crowd favorite!
Our table was set up with goodies for the crowd and numerous information pamphlets describing on our services. The highlight of the night was when we were able to take our SERVPRO car out on the ice during the second intermission and throw out SERVPRO t-shirts into the crowd.
It was a wonderful time for the SERVPRO staff and their families that were able to attend. All of us at SERVPRO loved being a part of this and look forward to the next event we are able to take part in.
SERVPRO Enjoyed Annual Peer Court Auction
SERVPRO had a great time at the Peer Court Auction held on Friday, February 9th. The evening was held at Turtle Run, serving hors d'oeuvres for all who came. The rooms were filled with baskets and items to be auctioned off as a fund raiser for the Vermilion County Peer Court.
The Vermilion County Peer Court began in 2007. This is a unique program that includes bailiffs, jury members and attorneys who are same age as the defendants. This is an entirely volunteer program that even includes local attorneys. The young Peer Court volunteers must be between the ages of 10 and 17. The young volunteers begin as jurors and progress to attorneys.
The auction is one of the main fund raisers, for this program. It was great seeing how much our community pulls together for a wonderful cause.
SERVPRO of Vermilion County 24 Hour Water Damage Service
Minimally invasive water extraction
SERVPRO of Vermilion County is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today - (217) 443-0077
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Vermilion County
SERVPRO specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Do You Have Mold?
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
Smoke & Soot Cleanup
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Vermilion County will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – (217) 443-0077
Vermilion County: Faster to Your Water Disaster
Fans used in the water extraction process
SERVPRO of Vermilion County provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in your town. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 – (217) 443-0077
Whether your home needs emergency flood damage or your upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for fire or Water damage to strike your commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business. Learn more about our commercial services: Commercial restoration and cleaning
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
Keeping Your Home Safe During the Winter Months
Whether you’re a recent homebuyer, new to the Mid-Western winter months, or just want to cover your bases heading into the holiday season: It’s important that you make sure your property is well taken care of. Putting together a thorough checklist ensures your home will be well-prepared for the inevitable sub-zero temperatures. This short read will put your mind at ease, protect your home, and hopefully keep your money where it needs to be…in your wallet!
- Making sure your doors, windows, and any other outside passage for air are correctly sealed ensures your furnace doesn’t work overtime heating the air coming from outside. When it comes to your electricity bill, sharing is NOT caring!
- Add extensions to all of your downspouts. This will prevent water pooling around your foundation. Water will expand when frozen, and this will lead to damaging your foundation and further expense.
- Drain water out of sprinklers, hoses, faucets, and any exterior water source. Like we already mentioned, frozen water will expand and will cause major damage.
- If you will be using your fireplace, make sure you have a chimney sweep inspect your chimney. Also make sure to dispose of any fire hazards that could turn your small fireplace into a big bonfire! Make sure your fire extinguishers are up to date, and inspect them to make sure they are functioning properly.
- Make sure your insulation is well maintained and any possible leaking of air is plugged and dealt with. Keep your warm air in and the cold air out!
- Because heat rises, reverse your ceiling fans. This will push the warm air in your house down instead of pulling it up.
Following these tips to ensure a safe home during the upcoming winter months will have you enjoying your holiday season like you should be. Give your home the best present it could ever ask for, protection. Happy Holidays from your friends at SERVPRO.