SERVPRO of Vermilion County 24 Hour Water Damage Service
Minimally invasive water extraction
SERVPRO of Vermilion County is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today - (217) 443-0077
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Vermilion County
SERVPRO specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Do You Have Mold?
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
Smoke & Soot Cleanup
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Vermilion County will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – (217) 443-0077
Vermilion County: Faster to Your Water Disaster
Fans used in the water extraction process
SERVPRO of Vermilion County provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in your town. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 – (217) 443-0077
Whether your home needs emergency flood damage or your upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for fire or Water damage to strike your commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business. Learn more about our commercial services: Commercial restoration and cleaning
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
Keeping Your Home Safe During the Winter Months
Whether you’re a recent homebuyer, new to the Mid-Western winter months, or just want to cover your bases heading into the holiday season: It’s important that you make sure your property is well taken care of. Putting together a thorough checklist ensures your home will be well-prepared for the inevitable sub-zero temperatures. This short read will put your mind at ease, protect your home, and hopefully keep your money where it needs to be…in your wallet!
- Making sure your doors, windows, and any other outside passage for air are correctly sealed ensures your furnace doesn’t work overtime heating the air coming from outside. When it comes to your electricity bill, sharing is NOT caring!
- Add extensions to all of your downspouts. This will prevent water pooling around your foundation. Water will expand when frozen, and this will lead to damaging your foundation and further expense.
- Drain water out of sprinklers, hoses, faucets, and any exterior water source. Like we already mentioned, frozen water will expand and will cause major damage.
- If you will be using your fireplace, make sure you have a chimney sweep inspect your chimney. Also make sure to dispose of any fire hazards that could turn your small fireplace into a big bonfire! Make sure your fire extinguishers are up to date, and inspect them to make sure they are functioning properly.
- Make sure your insulation is well maintained and any possible leaking of air is plugged and dealt with. Keep your warm air in and the cold air out!
- Because heat rises, reverse your ceiling fans. This will push the warm air in your house down instead of pulling it up.
Following these tips to ensure a safe home during the upcoming winter months will have you enjoying your holiday season like you should be. Give your home the best present it could ever ask for, protection. Happy Holidays from your friends at SERVPRO.
Danville Night of Lights
Saturday, November 11th was surely a night to remember for those of us involved in the “Night of Lights” in Danville. This event is part of the Festival of Trees sponsored by the Provena United Samaritans Medical Center Foundation, an event they put on every year. Weeks and weeks of planning, preparation, and late nights went into these floats displayed. With the entry also being free for those who bring a charitable donation of non-perishable food items, this was a very heartwarming way to bring Vermilion County and other surrounding counties into the holiday season.
There was a sense of pride we had the pleasure of sharing when we saw the finished product rolling down the parade route. Our float featured a cityscape of historical downtown Danville sporting staple businesses like Fischer’s Theatre, Kresqe’s, Alexander’s Sporting Goods, and Woodbury’s Drug Store. Keeping the history of Danville alive through our float was a huge to us. Our goal was to expose the roots of Danville, and bring a sense of nostalgia to those among the crowd. Bringing fond memories of Danville back to those who were lucky enough to experience them. With a huge turnout this year and great spirits in the crowd, there was a lasting smile on everyone’s face here at SERVPRO.
When Storms or Floods hit Vermilion County, SERVPRO is ready!
Our highly trained crews are ready to respond 24/7 to storm or flood damage in Vermilion County.
SERVPRO ofVermilion County specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Vermilion County, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today (217) 443-0077
IICRC Certified Firm
SERVPRO of Vermilion County is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Vermilion County
SERVPRO of Vermilion County specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Take me out to the ballpark
Let's Play Ball
Take me out to the ball game, take me out to the crowd, buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks, I don't care if I come back. You have the idea. Rock the Park was one of the last home events for the Dans this year. With the Blackhawks band on hand the park was "rocking". There's nothing better than minor league baseball in my opinion. What better place to observe a game than the stadium in Danville, Il where the last version of the Babe Ruth story was filmed.
The SERVPRO crew invaded the stadium July 30, 2017. The season was wrapping up and the Danville Dans were trying to improve on a slow start. Terra Haute was the team that the Dans hoped to improve their home record against. This game would go extra innings before the bottom of the eleventh. The Dand won in walk off fashion with a home run that sent the visitors to the bus with a big"L".
Back to school
Bring on the new school year
As the new school year approached, our partnership with the Danville Schools continued. We spent the early part of August getting carpets cleaned and more importantly an ERP for each building in the district. The ERP's (Emergency Ready Programs) enable the schools to have vital information in the event they need to shut down power, water, gas or servers. Nicole and Marilyn spent countless hours going from building to building gathering data and visual aides (photos) along with information on the locations of the shutoffs for the above listed services.
This information is vital as staff change buildings from year to year, along with retirements and with the creation of a 5th and 6th grade building and a 7th and 8th grade building, these documents prove ERP's are very valuable.