Recent Cleaning Posts
Maintaining your HVAC and Avoiding Poor Indoor Air
Make sure the HVAC in your home or office is checked regularly to avoid poor indoor air quality.
As the winter chill melts away with the warmth of the sun, that can only mean one thing – the scorching hot days are around the corner. The new season is not just for spring cleaning, it is also a great time to check the HVAC system in your home and office. Checking it twice a year (the fall and the spring are the best times) will extend the life of your unit and will let you breathe better air. If the ductwork of your home or business has not been checked in a while, the air quality can be poor and lead to:
- Dirt and debris
- Other contaminants
Our professionals routinely clean and inspect heating, ventilation and air conditioner unit (or the HVAC). Give us at SERVPRO of Vermilion County, 217-443-0077 to have one of our experts go out and inspect it before those heat waves come. [JB]
Cleaning Your Air Ducts, Is it Really That Important?
Ever think about what inside your air vents could look like?
Did you know that, in certain circumstances, Duct Cleaning can increase your efficiency by up to 40%? That's a lot of money back into your pocket every month. Duct Cleaning is a process that can differ depending on each air system we come across, but the end result is the same... clean-air, and more healthy home and atmosphere. We use special equipment to ensure the safety of the air quality in your home. This includes special filters, ventilation equipment, containment barriers, and more. (For safety reasons, professional duct cleaning is often performed when your home is unoccupied, such as nights and weekends)
Here are some preventative actions you can take to reduce your need for Duct Cleaning.
- You should be changing your air filter on a regular basis.
- Try to always maintain good housekeeping practices, including regular cleaning/dusting to reduce the likelihood of contaminants.
- Have your duct-work routinely inspected, and regularly schedule professional maintenance.
SERVPRO of Vermilion County
24-Hour Emergency Service
Independently Owned and Operated
Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration
When Vandalism Strikes, Here's What To Do
Unwanted graffiti can be a hassle to clean without the professionals on your side.
The sad fact is that graffiti happens all the time. It can be a senior prank in high school or out of sheer intentional mischief. Whatever the reason was, it decreases the overall beauty of the school or office building. SERVPRO of Vermilion County has a few suggestions when you first discover the graffiti.
- Vacuum any glass particles that may have ended up in carpets and upholstery
- Hose down or wash any egg damage from the building exterior as soon as possible
- Save any containers with the ingredients of spilled inks, cosmetics, and paints
- Make sure to keep a record of all damage when possible. Pictures work best to document everything.
If you are in need of commercial cleaning services, give us a ring at 217-443-0077. [JB]
How To Care for Gym Floors
Call SERVPRO of Vermilion county for your gym floor inspection and cleaning today.
How To Care for Gym Floors in Vermilion County
Gym floors are an important part of schools, churches and recreation centers. They are used for various events throughout the year and regular maintenance is important to keep them in good condition. While you want them to look nice it is also important for them to be safe for use. Unkempt floors in disrepair can be hazardous as well as unsightly.
- It is important that gym floors be swept daily with a dust mop. Dirt and dust buildup will scratch the finish of the floor when it is walked on and can create a slipping hazard.
- Vacuum all walk off mats daily to ensure that the dust and dirt does not transfer to the gym floor.
As Needed Maintenance & Preventative Measures
- Use a damp mop once or twice a week to clean the gym floor and prevent dust.
- Ensure that there is no standing water left on the gym floor. Excess water on the floor can damage the wood
- Ensure that all tables and chairs have felt pads or use a floor covering to protect the gym floor.
- Walk-off mats are a great way to minimize the amount of tracked in dirt and water. These are placed at the entries and help absorb debris and water that would otherwise be tracked onto the gym floor.
Call SERVPRO of Vermilion county at 217-443-0077 to learn more about our cleaning services or to schedule an inspection. Our Team would love to help ensure that your gym floors are in great shape!
Back to school
Bring on the new school year
As the new school year approached, our partnership with the Danville Schools continued. We spent the early part of August getting carpets cleaned and more importantly an ERP for each building in the district. The ERP's (Emergency Ready Programs) enable the schools to have vital information in the event they need to shut down power, water, gas or servers. Nicole and Marilyn spent countless hours going from building to building gathering data and visual aides (photos) along with information on the locations of the shutoffs for the above listed services.
This information is vital as staff change buildings from year to year, along with retirements and with the creation of a 5th and 6th grade building and a 7th and 8th grade building, these documents prove ERP's are very valuable.